Before I knew it, it became the last day of 2012. I say it’s fast, but when I think about how many things have happened in the year, it’s actually been a really long time. There’s been a lot of completely new changes this year, so it feels like there’s a big difference between this year and the last.
The big difference being my new schoolIn 2011 I graduated from secondary school, and in 2012 I entered my mass communications course. It didn’t change me, but somehow it felt like my sense of style shifted a little. That’s how it works right? Every year you think you’re less tacky than the last
I haven’t really found the person I want to be yet, but thanks to the new environment, I decided the kind of person I don’t want to be. I had plenty of mistakes and embarrassing moments, but at least I know now not to repeat them ever again
Basically my main takeaway for this year: Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
Highlights of the year
– Got my O level results! (totally traumatic experience)
– Worked at my part time job for a hard few months
– Met a totally new group of people that I ended up having to meet every month
– Entered a new school to study what I liked
– Finally got my braces off, good riddance.
– Met Tokyo Girls Style (and stalked them from afar)
– Travelled to Tokyo by myself (partly)
– First public dance performance
– Hosted a new Japanese friend at home
There’re lots more great moments, but I can’t fit everything in here
Also two groups of friends I’m thankful for
The friends that I’m rarely able to meet now, but still keep the amazing bonds we’ve always had;
the new friends in school that make me really happy to have met them.
Thank you I love you all
It’s a lot of gushing, so kudos to you if you went through that entire wall of text. Anyway it’s the last day of the year; I’m entitling myself to a sentimental post.
Have a great 2013!