Japan: Day One ☆

I’m backrabbit wave

It’s been a whirlwind of days! Now that I’m home, I can finally unwind and unpack, and look back on the amazing six days I had in Japan. It was a truly excellent adventure.

The flight was at 6 in the morning, which meant I had to get up and leave at about 4am. Good thing I packed the night before, because I was half asleepnekoStill, I perked up after a while beacuse there was nothing more exciting than finally getting on a plane to Tokyo ♪

Moshi (Alpaca-san) came with me for the trip.

Fluffy clouds!

That plane ride took forever! 6 hoursgirl cryAnd the worst part is that there weren’t any screens to watch movies on. My iPhone battery got drained in that period of time because I ended up listening to music.

Finally landed in the afternoon! Being surrounded by everything and everyone Japanese all of a sudden was glorious. I was running all over the place while my parents tried to yank out their winter jackets.

My dad rented mobile phones! Two phones for the three of ushappy girl


Nothing fancy, but it was my first time using Japanese keitai and it seemed so coollove girlAnd also useful in case I got lost somewhere (thank goodness I never did).

We got onto the train to Ikebukuro next! It was a 1.5 hour journey but that didn’t matter since I was already in Japan, everything was funkira kiraI really didn’t know how my parents could fall asleep.

Getting him ready for the cold ✿

For the first two days of this trip we stayed in the Sunshine City Prince Hotel in Ikebukuro. I’ve stayed in the same place before, so I’m quite attached to itnekoTo anyone who’s making a trip to Tokyo, you need to stay/visit Ikebukuro! I forgot to take a picture of the fabulous street with all the arcades and shops, but trust me, it’s amazing.

The hotel is great too because it’s attached to the Sunshine City shopping mall. But the best part is that there’s a Family Mart downstairs! And you know Japanese convenience marts are one of the best things ever.

Snacks, magazines, accessories, cosmetics, souvenirs and other fun things are all here! I don’t know how to describe it, but it’s kind of like Japanese culture is condensed into one little mart.

By the time we arrived in the hotel, the sun was already setting. Parents were tired, so we just went around the mall and then had our first dinner in Tokyoneko

Nice and eggy ★

My mom decided to stay in the hotel to rest, but my dad brought me out exploring at night! It was about 4℃ at this time, but I was already nicely wrapped/puffed up so off I wentBear

I discovered Book Off, that bookstore that sells tons of cheap/secondhand CDs and photobooks! So I happily made my first purchase of the trip.

Morning Musume’s Fantasy DX live photobook

¥105 yen CDs!

Here I got to have my first attempt at communicating with the Japanese localsnekoI asked the guy at the counter if they had ℃-ute, but he just gave me a blank look.

I tried with Hello Pro next, and then he understood. He started saying a whole bunch of things that I didn’t catch, and brought me to a shelf with a ℃-ute label but no CDs. So I tried S/mileage and Berryz Koubou after that, but nothing too:')There were only several old Morning Musume CDs, which I bought in the end.

The photobook selection wasn’t disappointing though! Several H!P photobooks, so I bought the Fantasy DX live photobook at ¥2100 ☆ I really wanted to buy Mai’s photobook though, but they didn’t have it.

Still, I was happy with my purchases!

My dad and I went out again and bought a crepe to eathappy

Banana and ice cream!

Ice cream in the cold, yumhappyJapanese crepes are just so delicious, I wish we had some here too.

My last purchase of the day:

Nail stickers

Alice in Wonderland nail stickers from Loft! I think these were about ¥350. They were really cute and stood out a lot, so I caved and bought them!

I did my nails ~

With that rush of excitement, my first day in Tokyo ended! I couldn’t sleep that night because of the next day.

What was happening the next day?


I’ll write about that in my Day 2 post tomorrow!


4 Responses to “Japan: Day One ☆”

  1. 1 Arisa January 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM

    You are sooo lucky to go there! Sounds awesome so far =D

  2. 3 Katja-chan January 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

    So so so excited! Can’t wait for the 2nd part~ and yeah I would be excited to use a japanese cellphone as well. ^^;;

    • 4 Apple Cake January 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM

      I’m glad you’re excited ~ I’m writing the second part now, I keep procrastinating. Yes Japanese phones are so cool ( ̄▽ ̄)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

▷ . Cheryl

A university student in Tokyo who takes pictures and puts them on the Internet

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.


wordpress analytics

%d bloggers like this: